Industry

Home for Supper: Why Alberta’s Local Food Industry Can Taste a Tantalizing Future Home for Supper: Why Alberta’s Local Food Industry Can Taste a Tantalizing Future Home for Supper: Why Alberta’s Local Food Industry Can Taste a Tantalizing Future Home for Supper: Why Alberta’s Local Food Industry Can Taste a Tantalizing Future

Despite a famine in other industries, local food providers may be experiencing a feast.

Norcada lab edmonton Norcada lab edmonton Norcada lab edmonton Norcada lab edmonton

In the early days, nobody really knew how successful Alberta’s nanotechnology community could or would become. Now, thanks to a combination...

testing cannabis testing cannabis testing cannabis testing cannabis

When cannabis legalization was on the horizon, Alberta drug testing of various kinds seemed destined to boom. Now that cannabis is legal,...

cannabis in canada cannabis in canada cannabis in canada cannabis in canada

Alberta's cannabis retail shops are finding their feet and learning the ropes in a new market.

Alberta's Industrial Hemp Producers Are Optimistic About the CBD Market - Despite the Obstacles Alberta's Industrial Hemp Producers Are Optimistic About the CBD Market - Despite the Obstacles Alberta's Industrial Hemp Producers Are Optimistic About the CBD Market - Despite the Obstacles Alberta's Industrial Hemp Producers Are Optimistic About the CBD Market - Despite the Obstacles

The Cannabis Act's new regulations around hemp harvesting present opportunity for growers. Exactly how to make the most of it is still up...

Testfire Labs Builds Edmonton Advantage In AI by Transforming the Business Meeting Testfire Labs Builds Edmonton Advantage In AI by Transforming the Business Meeting Testfire Labs Builds Edmonton Advantage In AI by Transforming the Business Meeting Testfire Labs Builds Edmonton Advantage In AI by Transforming the Business Meeting

Testfire Labs is leveraging artificial intelligence, machine learning and the Edmonton's business landscape to change the way businesses...

Alberta’s Potential for Global Leadership in Artificial Intelligence Alberta’s Potential for Global Leadership in Artificial Intelligence Alberta’s Potential for Global Leadership in Artificial Intelligence Alberta’s Potential for Global Leadership in Artificial Intelligence

In the past five years, AI has emerged from an obscure realm of study to a potential source of growth for the Alberta economy.

Highvale Mine, Alberta Highvale Mine, Alberta Highvale Mine, Alberta Highvale Mine, Alberta

The good intentions of two Alberta governments leave coal miners in a deep hole.

Industrial Hemp: Canada's Oldest New Industry Industrial Hemp: Canada's Oldest New Industry Industrial Hemp: Canada's Oldest New Industry Industrial Hemp: Canada's Oldest New Industry

The legalization of cannabis marks the beginning of a new chapter for the hemp industry.

Seeing the Light: Cannabis Legalization and Agricultural Innovation in Alberta Seeing the Light: Cannabis Legalization and Agricultural Innovation in Alberta Seeing the Light: Cannabis Legalization and Agricultural Innovation in Alberta Seeing the Light: Cannabis Legalization and Agricultural Innovation in Alberta

Cannabis cultivation is bringing new ideas to Alberta's Agricultural sector. Or is it the other way around?

Constructing Futures: Edmonton Program Aims to Help Immigrants Prepare for Careers in Construction Management Constructing Futures: Edmonton Program Aims to Help Immigrants Prepare for Careers in Construction Management Constructing Futures: Edmonton Program Aims to Help Immigrants Prepare for Careers in Construction Management Constructing Futures: Edmonton Program Aims to Help Immigrants Prepare for Careers in Construction Management

A new program launched by the Edmonton Mennonite Centre for Newcomers is working to help give skilled immigrants a leg up in the...

In These Alberta Towns, Firefighters are Employees of Private Companies In These Alberta Towns, Firefighters are Employees of Private Companies In These Alberta Towns, Firefighters are Employees of Private Companies In These Alberta Towns, Firefighters are Employees of Private Companies

Despite reassurances, Northwest Fire Rescue and Training’s pivot into the public sector caused alarm - the notion that public services...

20/20 Series: Alberta's Trade Ties with China 20/20 Series: Alberta's Trade Ties with China 20/20 Series: Alberta's Trade Ties with China 20/20 Series: Alberta's Trade Ties with China

International trade isn’t just about exports. It’s about the two-way flow of goods, services and investments. China represents a huge...

Tailings Pond Reclamation: Are Oil and Gas Companies Doing Enough? Tailings Pond Reclamation: Are Oil and Gas Companies Doing Enough? Tailings Pond Reclamation: Are Oil and Gas Companies Doing Enough? Tailings Pond Reclamation: Are Oil and Gas Companies Doing Enough?

Oil sands operators say they’ve made the reclamation of tailings ponds a key tenet of their social responsibility mandate. Others are...

Al Monaco Is The 2016 Business Person of the Year Al Monaco Is The 2016 Business Person of the Year Al Monaco Is The 2016 Business Person of the Year Al Monaco Is The 2016 Business Person of the Year

To build a pipeline, all you need is world-class techhnical expertise, a strong position on climate policy, the trust of communities and...

How are luxury markets faring in Alberta's downturn? How are luxury markets faring in Alberta's downturn? How are luxury markets faring in Alberta's downturn? How are luxury markets faring in Alberta's downturn?

During times of economic uncertainly, luxury items are often the first to go.

The Case for Coal: The Proposed Open Pit Mine in Crowsnest Pass The Case for Coal: The Proposed Open Pit Mine in Crowsnest Pass The Case for Coal: The Proposed Open Pit Mine in Crowsnest Pass The Case for Coal: The Proposed Open Pit Mine in Crowsnest Pass

Although more than three decades have passed since coal was last mined in the Crowsnest Pass, the much-maligned mineral may have a future...

The Case for Coal: The Proposed Open Pit Mine in Crowsnest Pass The Case for Coal: The Proposed Open Pit Mine in Crowsnest Pass The Case for Coal: The Proposed Open Pit Mine in Crowsnest Pass The Case for Coal: The Proposed Open Pit Mine in Crowsnest Pass

“The Crowsnest Pass is a good example – a litmus test – of cumulative effects. How many impacts can a landscape absorb...

Does the expiration of the U.S.-Canada softwood lumber agreement spell the end of Alberta's forestry industry? Does the expiration of the U.S.-Canada softwood lumber agreement spell the end of Alberta's forestry industry? Does the expiration of the U.S.-Canada softwood lumber agreement spell the end of Alberta's forestry industry? Does the expiration of the U.S.-Canada softwood lumber agreement spell the end of Alberta's forestry industry?

With the expiration of the Softwood Lumber Agreement, Alberta’s forestry sector prepares for the U.S. – and its voracious lumber lobby – to...